Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm really craving cookies right now, but I know I should refrain from them. You know when all you can think of is food, sweet food, in particular? It's the pits! Sometimes I wish I just didn't have to eat. Not saying that in any kind of eating disorderly way, but it can be a nuisance. I went to the bookstore today and was looking for a novel written by Fleur Cowles. Of course, it is one I must order ahead of time and pre-pay, so I declined and instead bought a book on Creative non-fiction, as I am having a bit of writers' withdrawal since my commencement from Miami University. I was watching Simpson's 20th anniversary the other night and Mark Groening, the creator I believe, was saying that when you write, write for you, don't write for anyone else. Don't write what you think PEOPLE will think is funny, do what you think is funny, that is where most of the genius erupts.

No comments:

Post a Comment